One thing I have learned in seeking the Kingdom is that there are no coincidences. God is a God of order. Genesis reveals He planned and implemented that plan over 6 days then rested. He will use the foolish things of this world to put the wise to shame. (1 Corinthians 1:27) Just like a pop band releasing a new album! All the titles, degrees, and money of this world cannot compare to the intimate, personal relationship with the Father, Abba Father! Thank you, Lord!
ABBA: father in Hebrew (‘ab)
Abba is an appellative (common noun like a doctor, sir, used to describe a vocation) word that characterizes a person or a thing; a social relationship rather than a biological one. Abba is a customary title used of God in prayer, a most sacred proper name; as a child cries out to their daddy; head of a household, group, family; God as the Father of His people; a term that conveys authority and honor. It expresses intimacy with a father.
ABBA is used in the Bible THREE times in the New Testament.
1) Mark 14:36 KJV – Jesus cried out to the Father in the garden of Gethsemane
“And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.”
2) Romans 8:15 KJV – Those who received the spirit of adoption, those called the sons of God, will cry out Abba, Father!
“For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”
3) Galatians 4:6 KJV – The Spirit of God’s Son enters the hearts of the sons, crying Abba, Father!
“And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.”
ABBA (the band) announces their return after almost 40 years….there is more to it… here are a few things affiliated with forty years in the Bible.
- 40 years is considered a generation in the Bible (Numbers 32:13)
- It symbolizes a period of testing (Deuteronomy 8:2)
- Israelites wandered 40 years in the wilderness (Deuteronomy 29:4-5)
- A period of time where God allowed the men of war to be consumed because they did not obey His voice (Joshua 5:6)
- King’s Saul, David, and Solomon reigned 40 years each
- Moses saw the burning bush after 40 years in the land of Madian (Acts 7:29-31)
- Only English number with letters in alphabetical order
- 40 below (degrees) only temperature that is the same in Celsius and Fahrenheit
The period of testing will be over soon for the Sons of God…are you ready?
Receive the Spirit of Truth and turn away, repent of the worldly systems. Lean on the Holy Spirit during this season.
Blessings and honor,